Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Almost Lost a hand

Hmm.. this morning.. (well, not exactly morning, almost daylight.. hahaha..) is cleaning day for all hamster cage.. I got four cages, but only three cages got hamster. One big green cage, one medium cage (aquarium cage) and the last is a small green cage, the fourth cage is a small aquarium cage, usually i used to put the hamster when do cleaning.. The position of the cage are the large cage in back of the medium cage and the small cage is on the top of the medium cage, the small aquarium is on the side of the medium aquarium cage.

I usually do cleaning from the big cage then the medium finally the small one. But sometimes I clean the small aquarium first, so I can put the hamster there first. This morning, I clean the small aquarium first then I put new fillings, it is for the base of the cage. Then I move the medium cage with the small cage and when I put down it, I saw something horrible.. I saw Stuart left front hand, a winter normal hamster, is impacted between two bars... I shock to see it, when I see him first I thought he just sleeping in the corner, Hamster like to sleep in the corner, then I immediately help him.. But I confuse how to help him..

The first thing I do is I try to remove the top cage, the bars, with the bottom cage, the base. After that I try to hold him, but he's struggling and try to bite of his hand. If that happen my girlfriend will sad and me going to be in big trouble... I try to make him not to struggle but when I touch him, he tried to bite me so I decide not to do that.. Then I try to push his hand toward him but it won't move.

Then I try to widen the bar, but when I do that, he become wild.. I'm sure it's because the pain then I decide to pull the bars with hard until it got widen, when I do it, I scare I will hurt him. And my effort is succeed. The hand is not impacted anymore and he fell to my lap. And I relief he's ok.. But I realize he's crippled. I scared his arm was broken. Then after that I put him in the big cage and start to clean the medium cage 1st.

While I cleaning the cage I always look at him. Just to make sure his hand didn't broke. When I put at the cage, he immediately drink water. It seems he being clamp there since night, after drinking he go sleep in the corner. The other Hamster notice his smell and try to avoid him, it's his children. Then suddenly got one normal winter try to disturb him and suddenly got another hamster, this time the golden, The mother is Winter Golden, bite the small winter normal. Then he's go away. It seems the Golden try to protect Stuart.

After that I message my girlfriend what happen, she sad that Stuart hurt. I tell her that he is OK now..  And I tell her I think his hand is fine, but to make sure wait until few days.. It's a shocking day.. Huff.. I hope it won't happen again. Before I put him back, I repair the cage so it wont happen again...

Regards,

Paper

PS: this afternoon I was being tricked by Stuart.. When I arrive home, I just go out. I saw him convulsive like dying. I scared it happen because this morning accident when i try to help him, suddenly he turn over.. damn.. he tricked me.. It happen because he can't turn over back in his feet.. I think when I go he sleep with his stomach facing up.. damn.. he like to tricked me.. and I tell my girlfriend and guess what, she laugh and praise him and said he's clever to able trick me... haiya... so bad them... but it's OK.. I still Love them...

No comments:

Post a Comment